Let's Get Retarded...um...I Mean Started
Ok, so here goes my attempt at the blog thing.
It's taken me about two weeks to get situated here in the apartment. And by situated I mean unpacked enough such that I can cook my own meals and clean up after myself. Actually I'm still one or two purchases away from completing the transition.
I've learned that I need to keep the apartment really clean or I get visitors during the night and I don't mean gnomes. On Friday, I found a huge one on the ceiling while showering and a dead one in the living room (I think the cats got to it, because its legs had been removed and scattered by the body). Anyway now I wake up in the middle of the night thinking things are crawling all over my body. I'm worse than a crack whore.
Anyway I didn't do much this long weekend other than clean, watch the new Star Wars movie, and pick up the new Gorillaz CD.
Hopefully I can go out and do something next weekend. Adult Swim informs me that MB is doing a show on the 6th in Atlanta, so maybe I'll go to that - but that's on a Monday. I should find a frisbee golf course or maybe convince Bastard Face to come down and visit.

10 Comments:
F?
Write damn jews! The cat is out the bag! The rooster has laid its golden egg! Warrgg!
how did Adult Swim inform you of that? sorry, I mean [adult swim]. If the show is between the hours of 8PM and 3AM, I can/will make it.
Hey, maybe those cats will prove themselves useful after all.
It appears that Dan will never be able to stay at any of his friends' homes. I think that everyone has cats (minus Maletas and possibly Beastard). I think that you need an Agressive Allergy Annihilation Scheme (AAAS). You need to purchase a small cat and carry it around with at all times either on a leash or in a purse. After several months you will be either dead, miserable or cured!
Al, buy lots of airtight containers for your food and clean constantly (that should be easy for you). According to my parents, who lived in Florida for a long time, that should help with the roaches.
dan - You should come, I'm sure they'll be on between 8PM and 3AM.
z.monkey - I'm trying to get one of those Dyson vaccums, they're supposed to be incredible for sucking up pet dander. I just need to sell one of my kidneys to afford it.
I've been super paranoid about cleaning since the sightings.
xumbi - can that be done? Can you actually have a room that cat fur won't get into. It conjures up images of hazmat suits, and decontamination bays where you get sprayed by jets of air.
Either way I'm sure dan appreciates the jesture for however long he's in the country.
You should get the Dyson ball. But what's with the washing machine its butt-ugly! Not in my house!
The washing machine has two drums...that's right two drums. Now your clothes can get twice as clean while your mind esplodes trying to figure out how it works.
You should ask Warao what kind of dryer he has and get one of those.
Ah yes, the washer dryer combo that left my clothes with sticky undisolved soap all over them. Damn thing was running for hours and it didn't dry a damn thing.
The memories...oooh that reminds me. I'll burn you a CD of all the photos from my trips to Japan. Not that you won't be there soon, but it should get you pumped for the real deal. Plus I got a couple of cool pics of Warao.
You promised another post! We are all interested in your new employment. Was it worthwhile leaving all of your friends and family?
'Al... I'm alive!'
I am giving Jack the address to your weblog because he was wondering about your new job. I guess that means you should tell us about it.
There is no point in having it if you are not going to us it... Go for Tit!
Post a Comment
<< Home